About the Practice
The Swanage Medical Practice is a General Practice Partnership open to all patients living within our Practice boundary in Swanage and the surrounding areas. We are the sole GP Practice based in Swanage.
Swanage Medical Practice is a member of the Purbeck Primary Care Network which is part of NHS Dorset.
We are a General Medical Services (GMS) Practice offering Primary care services for the diagnosis and prevention of disease. We help patients to manage their health and prevent illness. Our GPs, Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Primary Care Paramedic assess, diagnose, treat and manage illness. They carry out screening for some diseases and promote physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Our clinicians act as a patient's advocate, supporting and representing a patient's best interests to ensure they receive the best and most appropriate health and/or social care. Our clinicians also provide the link to further health services and work closely with other healthcare colleagues. They may also arrange hospital admissions and referrals to other services and specialists, and they link with secondary and community care services about patient care, taking advice and sharing information where needed. In addition, they collect and accurately record important information about our patients and record information received from other healthcare professionals involved in the treatment of our patients.
To ensure our patients are healthy people leading healthy lives in healthy communities
To achieve our vision by focusing our attention and resources on the following strategic ambitions.
For Swanage and Purbeck as a whole, working with our colleagues in the locality, we will:
- Provide high quality, safe, professional General Practice services to our patients
- Reduce health inequalities by targeting our services where the need is greatest
- Prevent ill health by focusing on the promotion of physical and mental health and wellbeing, prevention and early intervention
- Ensure value for money by directing resources to maximise benefit and so make the best use of public funds.
For the individual patients of Swanage, we will focus on:
- Improving Quality – above all else, ensuring that our services are as efficient and effective as possible
- Providing our patients and staff with an environment that is safe and friendly
- Working in partnership with our patients, their families and carers towards a positive experience and understanding, involving them in decision making about their treatment and care
- Promoting independence and putting the individual in control of their own health
- Offering a wide range of personalised service
- Designing services in partnership with partners and users to provide easier access and seamless integrated care.
2020-2021 GP Earnings Report - Swanage Medical Practice
All GP practices are required to declare the mean earnings (e.g. average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice.
The average pay for GPs working in Swanage Medical Practice in the last financial year was £59,473 before tax and National Insurance. This is for no full time GPs, 11 part time GPs, and no locum GPs who worked in the practice for more than six months.
The NHS Constitution
The NHS Constitution brings together in one place, what staff, patients and the public can expect from the NHS. It sets out the principles and values of the NHS and explains a number of rights, pledges and responsibilities for staff and patients alike. Follow this link to the GOV.UK website for guidance on the NHS Constution of England:>> The document sets out the principles and values of the NHS in England, and information on how to make a complaint about NHS services.